EC> So I think that your problem came from another unidentified reason :-)

I do, too. I'm a bit mystified since my problems disappeared when I
reinstalled runrev and I kept all my original plugins.

This used to happen due to some problem with the revPreferences stack. It stops Rev booting at the "Loading plugins.." stage, but it wasn't actually a plugins problem. Following advice from others on this list, I started making a backup of the revPreferences file for easy replacement if this happened again, but it now hasn't happened for about a year.

Sarah