Hello Rob,

Color Picker is a free open source product but with a licence (see the help/overview stack):

ColorPicker and its present help stack are released into the public domain as a freeware software:
Just be kind to tell us what you think of it...
You are welcome to contact us concerning any "bugs" or code optimizations you might want to suggest.

Nevertheless, you may not claim this software as your own or release modified versions of the software, but you may modify it for your own purpose.
You are hereby granted an unrestricted license for its use.
This software, whether in full or part, may not be incorporated into any other software without our permission.
The use of this software, whether in full or in part, acknowledges that you hereby release us from any liability for any damages, whether direct or indirect and bla and bla and bla… But here it is :-)

BTW replacing the system built-in color picker by my Color Picker plugin when ask color is called does not seem a good idea:
Disregarding the licence terms, it's not what your end user expects for...

Anyway I do encourage you to take a leaf out of Color Picker's scripts to run your own if you wish!
Check the PickColor and ShowColor handlers in Color Picker's card script to get a starting place :-)
To access the scripts, check the "Contextual menus work in Revolution windows" option in rev Prefs and use a right click in Color Picker's window to display the contextual menu.

Best regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.