On 5/19/05 11:56 PM, Stephen Barncard wrote:

I know there's some kind of trick here to do this;

I have an unlocked, editable field with text. I select a portion of the text, then option click on it for a popup that has a few options to select from to do something to the text, like uppercase, lowercase, etc.

This changing works with a button and an option menu combo, but not in a contextual button. Any activity on the field kills the selection.

Attempting this always loses the selection, then there's nothing to change, and all attempts to save the selection range description to a global still don't seem to work.

I had to do this in my Boggle game. Are you using a popup button for the contextual menu? If so, try popping up a menu stack instead.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]