Hi,

For what it is worth, have a look at this:

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/010410.htm
(don't forget the first part)

and at Mark Brownell's handlers and techniques as an option for rev's functions.

Greetings,
Wouter

On 23 May 2005, at 14:57, Levi Kendall wrote:

Hi all,

   I'm considering using XML for building a database but my concern is
that for data retrieval it might become very slow as more and more
data is added.  Would using functions such as revXMLMatchingNode be as
slow as doing a full text search of the xml or would it be at least
comparable to performing a lookup in an actual database?  Another
speed concern would be finding a node with multiple matching
attributes.  Is this a good idea or would I be better off using
something like SQLite?

Thanks,
Levi