Ben, it doesn't get better than this product and this group. Fix yourself a beer, and hang out here awhile, learn a few things and you'll be creating great apps in no time...

Firing in the dark? No, I don't think so, nobody can know everything.. we use Rev because we can accomplish what we need faster and cooler..but even for me, a veteran Hypercard geek, the learning curve was a bit rocky in the beginning. But I started small, Hello World, and worked from there. Once I got past some of the new rules, it was intuitive, just like Hypercard was, just 100x more powerful.

Ben if you want to real create software, you have to think out of your box a little bit. Your loathing of 'scripting' and desire to only use an icon based tool is keeping you from the creativity and ingenuity that springs from such an impressive toolbox as Runrev. My personal experience with iconic languages was that there were only so many icons one could fit in a window, and often they started to blur out and not make sense at all...function calls with names of what they do sure made more sense to me...an ideal that only Forth gave me before hypercard...

There may not be a 'clock' object in the toolbox, but one can be fashioned fairly easily from the tools given, and many people on this list would contribute to the creation of your idea - and you'd have a 'custom' clock - your own presentation, rather than a cookie cutter idea of what you might have wanted. Then you'd have an object that you could use for any project in the future. -- I think Mr. X early on offered you a stack with a clock object he created...

I think the only real downside is you might have a little problem in scripting some things (like Internet calls) with that capitalization thing you do....
:)

(just a joke)