Message: 6
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 17:00:41 -0400
From: DaveyJJ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Modifying Tactile Media's bouncer.rev script
To: use-revolution@lists.runrev.com

Has anyone ever tried to, or have the slightest clue as to how to, modify the excellent Tactilemedia bouncer.rev stack to actually have the little "marbles" collide (even semi-realistically) with one another or other objects in the window? My seve year old wants to know and I have to admit I haven't been able to do it.

David

David,

Check out Nine Ball pool. The collisions are assumed to be elastic, conserving momentum and energy.

Run this in the message box:

        go url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/NineBallWithSpin.rev";

You son may want to start with something a little easier. Check out BouncingBallTools for collisions of balls with other objects.

        go url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/BouncingBallTools.rev";

Good luck to your son. Games programing is probably a good place to motivate a youngster. But it may also be the most difficult. In any event, he will discover that the time he spends studying math will be time well spent.

Jim