To: "How to use Revolution" <use-revolution@lists.runrev.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 3:49 AM
Subject: Re: Tree-structure display

You wrote:

Hi THere.

I cant get this to do anything. All I get are messageboxes; is this mac
only?

Cheers
Bob; Glasgow

Dear all,

I needed a way to organise keywords I use to organize my bookmarks. It
didn't take me more than an afternoon (very long afternoon) to come up
with:

go stack url

"http://revolution.lexicall.org/stacks/education/presentation_tools/tree_structure.rev";

The complexity is in the organization (using principles discovered in
books about relational databases like mysql), the coding was suprisingly
easy. Gee, I wouldn't even have thought of starting to code this with any
other language. On the education list, Judy mentioned some were predicting
a chip to directly connect to your brain in 2014. Well, I teach in
cognitive neurosciences, that may have to wait longer (I mean, a chip that
"understand" your thoughts). Still, revolution is the closest I know from
this chip... once you have identified the solution to your problem in your
mind it's only a matter of hours (rather than days or weeks) to have that
solution implemented as a computer program.

If you notice any problem, feel free to fix it (I am not a professional, I
develop tools useful to me; I cannot really afford the time it would take
to make it 100% reliable for users other than myself).

Feel free to use it for the design of an outliner tool or whatever else
you facny. (The stack is distributed as share alike).