I was going to stay out of this one but I can't.

Steve Weyer, a good buddy of mine from Apple days (he was an ATG deity) formed a Newton software company when he left the company. He was one of the Newton principals and did a TON of great software for the platform.

Not sure where he is or what he's doing these days but I dug up an email address and pinged it.

Newton was such a great product that even Apple didn't appreciate what it had.

General Magic tried to build on the concept and went bust when AT&T got impatient.

Nothing today comes close. (I have a Treo 600 and it's a pale imitation at best.)

Dan Shafer, Co-Chair
RevConWest '05
June 17-18, 2005, Monterey, California
http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit/RevConWest