I don't think you are understanding what Rosetta is. It reads the binary of one machine and "Compiles it on the fly into the binary of a new machine". The result is the the new machine is not interpreting the other machines instruction set, but conceptually recompiling at the binary level and executing at machine code speed. This method introduces very little overhead. You should see 80-90% of native speed. I can live with that. A good virtual machine might give you 10% of native speed. That is why I keep telling you that this is revolutionary and will change the nature of cross platform development. But for now Apple seems content to just use it to make their transition seamless for the users and developers.

Dennis