I have a situation where I want to logout the current user after an idle period. At the moment I'm invoking the Finder/System Events logout routine via Applescript but this throws up a standard answer style dialog that gives the user two minutes to cancel the logout before it proceeds. For various reasons (including the need to occasionally kill processes that fail to quit during an automated logout) I'd prefer to 'bypass' this two minute warning if at all possible and initiate the logout immediately I have completed my 'cleanup' procedures (I already have a custom dialog that gives the user plenty of warning prior to issuing the logout call). Anyone have any ideas on if this is possible and how it might be done?

Cheers,

Terry...

Dr Terry Judd
Lecturer in Educational Technology (Design)
Biomedical Multimedia Unit
Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
The University of Melbourne
Parkville VIC 3052
AUSTRALIA