Mark,

Correct. It does not work. I still get the same trailing garbage that is apparently part of the CRLF that I added myself. The garbage is %0d, which I think is 13 when converted from hexadecimal to decimal, meaning that CR is sticking around for some reason.

Michael

Not sure if I fully understand what you're trying to do, but does
'replace CRLF with empty in <chunk>' really not work?

Mark