When you click in the slider track the thumbPos adjusts incrementally based on the property settings (Scroll distance: on bar click: x). There is no option to jump to the location of the click, which is normal behavior for QT and volume faders.

Thanks to Jon... his workaround is doing very nicely. I now have a vertical slider that is responding (almost) as I think it should for audio playback. It's actually controlling an offscreen player... thanks to Klaus for the basic script ideas to get that working.

Mark

On Jun 21, 2005, at 9:41 AM, Ken Norris wrote:

Howdy,

Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 01:43:55 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Scrollbar question

I don't think you can, Mark.

/H

On a click in a scroll bar how do you derive (what would be)  the
ThumbPos of the click?  (Set the thumbpos of the target  to the
clickLoc) is the idea.

I don't understand the problem. The thumpPos should change automatically when you click in the slot. I see it is somewhat disobedient, though, i.e., it doesn't always align with the cursor properly.

All the best,
Ken N.