On 6/22/05 1:59 PM, Chris Sheffield wrote:

Here's an stupid thing that I'm hoping someone can help with.

When using revCopyFile under 10.4.1, I'm getting the annoying sound that plays whenever you move/copy a file or folder to another location in the Finder. In my opinion, revCopyFile should not play that sound, but I'm sure it does just cause it uses system services to do the copy.

Anyone found a way to make that sound not play? Preferably without having to disable something in the OS. What I'm doing is making a little backup utility, and copying files like that with that sound playing possibly hundreds of times is going to be *really* annoying, to say the least.

Using Rev 2.6, btw.

You could skip the Rev-scripted command, and just make your own. It isn't too hard. Just use "put url <old file path> into url <new file path>". If you need to copy OS X bundles then it gets a little more complex but it sounds like you are only asking about Windows files.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]