Message: 8
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:41:08 -0500
From: "J. Landman Gay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: ANN Daily Crytoquote--my misspelling
To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution@lists.runrev.com>

On 6/22/05 8:39 PM, Jim Hurley wrote:

 My dictionary of 61,000 words comes in at 592 K--similar
 to yours in size. The problem is that it includes a lot of words I've
 never heard of. For example the dictionary begins with the following:

 aardvark, aardwolf, aba, abaca, abacist, aback, abacus, abaft, abalone,
 abamp, abampere, abandon, abandoned, abase, abash, abate, abatement,
 abatis, abattoir, abaxial, abb, abba, abbacy, abbatial

Well, FRELI won't help you there. It's got those too. Too bad we can't
write a regex that means "take out everything obscure."

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jacque,

What an enterprising person (not me) would do is take the text of several books and create a fequency-of-occurence list using Scott's algorithm, and then delete all words in the dictionary which don't have the necessary frequency.

By encorporating you compression suggestion, the decoder stack dropped from 800K to 200K. RR is blazingly fast at decompression.

Jim