Devin Asay asked me to post this for him, as he is having trouble sending to the list (I suspect the new IP hasn't propagated to his provider yet.)

He can read your responses, so fire away.

========= From Devin: =========

I need to send some data to a php page on a web server, just a short string like "abc2". I've read all I can find on the post command in the documentation, but can't figure out how to format the data so the php script will read it.

My stack:
contents of fld "uid": "abc2"
(I also tried [ name="netid" value="dna3" ] as the value of the field. Sans the [].)

the post button script:
on mouseUp
post urlencode(fld "uid") to url fld "urlText" -- also tried without urlencode
  set the htmltext of fld "returnedText" to it
end mouseUp

The result returned makes it obvious that the php script executed, but never received the value "abc2".

FWIW, the php script (one I wrote, that works when I hard code everything) uses the $POST_[value name here] format to grab the data. I am a neophyte in php land, but have used this method successfully in the past to pass values from html forms.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]