It might well be just Palatino. I'm just finishing up recasting the examples (only) in Courier, and haven't seen a problem there. Palatino is probably not a good choice anyway (though it's my favorite font for many purposes) -- I see that my 24-point Palatino title on the top card of my stack comes out in default-size default- font (Arial?) print on Windows.

I assume that's because if a stack calls for a font that isn't available on the present system, a default font is substituted. Is that right?

That leads to another question: What fonts is it _safe_ to assume one will find on Mac, OSX, Windows? (Linux?) I know it's possible to ask in a script, but that doesn't help very much with the design problem, when something about the font is critical. Is there a list, somewhere, of (the presumably very few) fontnames that will always work everywhere?

Charles Hartman