Oh yes, I'm doing that all over the place for cross-references (from one card to another in a Reference substack). The buttons in question are navigation on a different level -- connections to further information on some detail of the topic a card addresses.

Sorry to jump in so late in this thread, but I too have been overwhelmed by the traffic on this list, and only get the list in digest mode. In any case, back to what ignited this discussion, it seems like what you are looking for is the ability to navigate from within a field. Did you look into creating hyperlinks with text within the field? Set the textstyle of a chunk of text within the field to link, set the linktext to the card/stack destination, and write a script to navigate to the linktext of the text. Check out the linkText property and the linkClicked message in the documents.

BTW, glad to see another Rev user from Connecticut!

Dan

Charles Hartman
Professor of English, Poet in Residence
Connecticut College