Ugh.  No way to edit values right in the tables?  Really?  Sigh

You can edit directly in the table, but I find it ugly & confusing, especially if the data becomes longer than the column width. I would much rather have a dedicated edit field. If you don't want to pull the complete record out, do it one cell at a time, like most spreadsheet programs do.

Sarah

First off, what is the best way to present the user with tabular data? I tried the "table", and it has lots of problems, at least the way I did it <sick grin>. Any sample stacks out there for me to study? I had the most trouble allowing the user to edit the data: the appearance of the table went to hell when the user started modifying a field in the table.

I would have the data in a standard list field with the tabStops set to make the display look OK. When the user selects a line, pop the different items into separate editable fields. Then have an "Apply Edits" button that gathers up the edited data and puts it back into the selected line of the data field.

HTH,
Sarah