Ban Nguyen wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have a gif image size 350 x 500.  I want to display it in the field so
user can scroll up and down to view it and print the whole image out.

This is what I have done:
I create a field and insert this code into the field:

on openCard
  set the imageSource of char 1 of field "myField" to "myImage"
end openCard

--->  the field displays the image perfectly the way I want it.

I also create a button (Print) on the same card.  I insert this code
into the Print button:

on mouseUp
  revPrintField the name of field "myField"
end mouseUp

The revPrintField command prints the text of a field. I'm not sure why it says there is no such object, though.

You should not put the image into a field if you want to print it. Instead, put the image on the card and group the image. Then make the group the size you want, set its locklocation to true, and add vertical and horizontal scrollbars. Then your user can scroll it around.

To print it, use "print this card from x1,y1 to x2,y2". The visible part of the image will print. You might want to make a printing substack that is large enough to hold the entire image, and then just print that instead. If you print from the scrolling group, only the visible part of the image inside the group will print, so you need a big card to print that will hold the entire image at once.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]