Wow.

I have to say that when I posted that first note a mere few hours ago, I had no idea it would catch on and become a potentially real project at all, let alone so rapidly.

I'm unsure about the escrow-management concept. It seems to me that the original idea I posted from elsewhere that the developer sets a fee level, begins development only when that level is reached, and the money goes to charity if the level isn't reached is a much simpler approach to administer. But I'm certainly neither the owner of the solution nor the arbiter of such decisions. I just think it's worth further debate.

dan