On Jul 20, 2005, at 8:35 AM, Brad Borch wrote:

Yes--my first post that began this thread references an earlier thread "Own fontsuite with standalone?" I tried the EXT external, but was unable to get the the PC executable to return any external commands:

set the externals of this stack to gStackPath & "/EXT.dll"
  put the externalCommands of this stack into fld "fontTest2"
  put the externals of this stack into fld "thisTest"
  ext_loadFont (gStackPath & "/VeraMoBI.ttf")

But I'm not proficient enough at Transcript yet to know where the problem lies.

If you set the externals property of a stack while the stack is open then you need to do one of two things to load the external:

1) Set the destroyWindow property of the stack to true. Close the stack window and open it again.

2) Remove the stack from memory.  Open it again.

Here is a snippet of code that will create a new stack, set the externals property and load the exteranl. You can run this in the multiline message box:

create stack "MyStack"
set the destroyWindow of stack "MyStack" to true
set the externals of stack "MyStack" to "EnhancedWin.dll"
close stack "MyStack"
go stack "MyStack"
put the externalPackages of stack "MyStack"

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia