Have you looked into the clone command? You'd still be doing multiple
copies of the original group, but possibly faster. Apparently, you can also
use use "Edit > Replicate..." in the menu to make as many copies of the
group (and place them in relation to one another on your card) as you wish.

Dan

Mark Wieder wrote:

I think making multiple copies of the group and pasting them onto the
card is what I'm stuck with here. My guess is that "place" makes an
alias of the original group and pastes it into the destination,
enabling backgroundBehavior along the way.

Yes, it sounds like you are stuck with that. I didn't know you were
trying to put multiple copies on the same card. Groups aren't meant to
do that and I don't think you can.

Daniel B. Soneson
Director, Language Lab
Southern CT State University