On Jul 26, 2005, at 2:49 PM, Brad Borch wrote:

Also, if you try to change the font of unicode text using the menu, the text gets converted back to single-byte characters.

It would be nice if language was a separate property and not part of the font property. Then each can be changed independently. Or the IDE acted that way.

(Actually, I'd personally rather do away with language and go strictly Unicode for everything. I probably don't understand all the consequences of asking for that. Unicode tries to handle round-trip conversion from and to other standards, so I think we would be happy with pasting strange encodings and with selecting any fonts--it would be usually transparent. For I/O we would want to convert, though.)

Dar