Ton Kuypers wrote:
I have a problem dowloading the Mac OS9 engine...
Can anyone supply me this (as soon as possible, I have an installation within 5 hours...) or tell me where to download the OS9 player...

Also, where do I put the engine... I've found one (MacOSfat.dir) and put it into the components/engines folder, but no luck...

My boilerplate reply (this comes up a lot):

If necessary, you can manually download the various engine files from the Runtime site. The standalone builder cannot use the Mac OS engines without some additional decompression first.

The Mac FAT engine is called "MacOSfat.dir.gz".
The OS X engine is called "Revolution.app.dir.gz"

The engines can be downloaded from:

ftp://ftp.runrev.com/pub/revolution/downloads/engines/

As of this writing, the last available OS 9 engine is version 2.5.

The ".dir.gz" extension is a special compression technique used to preserve the resource fork. Place the downloaded file on your computer in the same folder as the Revolution application. Then launch Revolution and type into the message box:

revDecompress "Revolution.app.dir.gz",defaultfolder

This will decompress the Mac OS engine into the default folder and give you a useable engine file. You can then move this file to the "components/engines" directory where you should be able to build the standalone.

--
Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     [EMAIL PROTECTED]