Thomas McGrath III wrote:

Pardon me chiming in here.

When using things like players and speech etc. it is our responsibility to close them ourselves in our code when and if for any reason our program is to quit. So I would put a piece of script in a on closeStack that takes care of the player when closing.

Quite right - except that the context here is that the "Player" that Charles was referring to is the Dreamcard Player, which he's using to run the stacks.

This is because players and speech use libraries and/or QT etc. to work and like a serial port that is opened it must be closed or problems may occur. This is good coding practice.

Maybe you can have in each stack an on closeStack that checks if all three (+-) stacks are closed and 'then' closes the player only if all are closed.

We do indeed need to do that with audio, video etc. players - but I don't think it's possible for a stack to close the DC Player in a controlled way, and arguably it shouldn't need to.

If you double-click a stack icon to run it, when the stack closes 'it' should disappear completely (i.e. taking the player away with it). Otherwise, there's no way to provide a transparent experience for the user - she shouldn't need to know whether the software I've distributed to her is an application in its own right, or uses some player mechanism to run.