On Jul 27, 2005, at 6:47 PM, Kay C Lan wrote:

I know I have to and enthusiastically want to finally wean myself from
HyperCard. I expect that will happen by the end of the year.

<snip>

One warning though, Rev is NOT as stable as HC, and understandably so.

The instability is in the Development environment. The runtime engine has been rock solid for me. That is, once the project is saved as a stanalone, it is very stable.

Rev has so many more features and has to cope with cross platform
compatibility. Even so, its frequent crashes (2.6 is so much  better
than 2.2) can become annoying unless you are prepared.

In fairness, crashes have almost disappeared since 2.5 came out. I can't remember my last one. I do still occasionally encounter an unrecoverable hangup in the IDE, so Kay's advice about frequent backups is sound.

Regards,
Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University