Thomas McCarthy wrote:
Sorry for the completely off topic nature of this...but
Can my iBook's DVD play DVDs from any world zone?
I have a Japanese issued iBook (English system). So before I order any DVDs
from Amazon, I thought I'd better check.

Almost all DVD players (including those in computers) will allow you to play DVDs from any region.

Unfortunately, playing a DVD from another region will change the player's region code. This code can only be changed 5 times before it locks and stays at that code. You can get the drive reset, but only if you send it into the manufacturer and have it reset.

So if you are going to be ordering DVDs, stick to a region code and leave it there. :) More information about this can be attained by doing a google search for "DVD Region Codes".

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software