On Wed, 3 Aug 2005, Howard Bornstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

(snip)
Scott's solution is very elegant. Wilhelm Sanke also came up with a
fairly simple solution that I find I use frequently for this purpose.
His script is below.
(snip)

Thanks for the reference, Howard.

The first version of this script Howard refers to was produced with help from Scott Raney (the creator of Metacard).

Following a similar discussion in February (subject. "Drag from-within-to fields") I had added a sample stack to my website containing 6 different solutions of the drag-drop-lines question, including one example that presents a slightly modified version of Scott Rossi's stack (hope he has agreed to my modification as an alternative to his excellent solution).

The sample stack can be directly downloaded from here

<http://www.sanke.org/Software/DragWithListfields.zip>

or from page "Tools and Samples for Development" of <www.sanke.org/MetaMedia>

The scripts can most certainly - as usual - be improved, refined, and extended, but they may at least show directions how to tackle some problems coming up when you wish to visibly (not just with a drag cursor) drag between or inside controls whose locktext is set to true.

-- Wilhelm Sanke