On Aug 4, 2005, at 12:50 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

Dan Shafer wrote:

For one thing, Revolution knows very little of styled text fields, so it is essentially impossible simply to put Word content into a Rev field.

Rev supports a wide variety of the most popular text style attributes. While Rev doesn't read the proprietary Word format directly, it can import styled text as RTF.

True, but: (1) RTF support is far from complete; and (2) images in an RTF file are ignored by Rev.

And it is impossible without a huge amount of work to mix images and text in a field in Rev. That's what cards are for. You put text in fields, images in their own object spaces.

The imageSrc property allows images to be displayed in fields. There are merits to both a card-based and field-based presentation, depending on the needs of the app in question, but both are quite doable.

OK, good point. When I said "cards" what I really intended was to say don't use a text field. The imageSrc property is, in my mind, a kludge hardly worthy of the otherwise excellent quality of the Transcript language. Of course, it's also possible I just don't "get" it since I'm not a graphics guy.

Dan Shafer, Revolution Consultant and Author
http://www.shafermedia.com
From http://www.revolutionpros.com, Click "My Stuff"