Message: 19
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 11:13:27 +0100
From: Mark Waddingham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: OT: Spotlight on Rev scripts
To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution@lists.runrev.com>

There are were some issues with the OS actually finding the spotlight
importers that applications export in the early releases of Tiger, and
indeed, it sounds like there still are!

It could be that the point 'auto-updates' that you have performed (given
that you are on 10.4.2) have made the system 'forget' about the
Revolution Spotlight Importer. In order to find out whether this is the
case, go to the shell and type:
  mdimport -L

This will dump a list of all known importers - if Revolution is not
mentioned anywhere in this list then it is probably best to copy the
importer from within the Revolution application bundle into the global
'/Library/Spotlight' folder. The Revolution Spotlight importer can be
found inside Revolution.app in Library/Spotlight - it's called
'Revolution.mdimporter'.

Of course, the latter step shouldn't be necessary as the system is meant
to 'automatically' pick them up...

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

Mark,

Thank you for monitoring this list. We need you every now and then for issues like this.

Shell? What shell? You're talking to a confirmed GUI person. There is a bit of Hermit Crab in me; I have traded my shell for a retirement home.

But, to your point. I can't find "Revolution.mdimporter," or "/Library/Spotlight" folder, at least Spotlight can't. Am I missing something, and might this be the reason why Spotlight doesn't recognize Rev stacks?

Jim