Just a thought...

Could you download a 'shell' file w/resources intact, then extract your PDF to it? Sorry, I don't use OS9 (nor do we offer any programs which run on it-- a much simpler proposition ;-)

Dan Shafer wrote:
We're not 100% sure but the problem may be anomalous system rather than an inherent issue. My partner's old G3 iBook is creaky, running 9.0.4, and has AppleScript 1.4. Plus the hard drive is probably just one big fragment. So the odds are that the app, which works fine on a couple of other machines, just flakes on this setup.