<snip>

 > Here is the message that I got: "Quicktime cannot open the file
 > <filename>. It is not a file that QuickTime understands (-2048)".

Dave Cragg wrote:

I read somewhere that QT movies need to be "prepared" (flattened) for x-platform use. If so, I guess this would be the same for ftp uploading (remove stuff from the resource fork). Perhaps one of the
QT gurus can help out.

Since no QT gurus have stepped forward :-), I found another way to accomplish what I wanted to do. What I was **really** trying to do was get Revolution to upload a sound file to the server.

 libURLftpUploadfile globalvariable, \
      "ftp://username:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/" & globalvariable & ".wav"

The above script works just fine, and it can be played in QuickTime or whatever.

Of course, those who know me will realize that it was really my husband who figured this out. :-)

Regards, Claire

--
Claire Bradin Siskin
Director