David....

First, are you trying to get the menu to execute the code associated with option A on openStack or are you just interested in making sure the button's label is set right? If the latter, rather than using menuPick just set the label of the button. That should work fine (untested).

Second, have you tried sending the menuPick message from a different place, e.g., another button? I set up a little test to do that. If I didn't explicitly set the label of the menu button, the script for the menu choice I entered would execute but the label of the menu button remained unchanged. So I suspect the secret is that you have to set the label of the menu button and then, if you want it to execute the choice, send the menuPick message.