Scott Kane wrote:
Random access of properties through array notation is lightning fast, and sequential access is suitable. Surprisingly, sequential access of a simple line-delimited list is about 15-20% faster, and may also provide a reasonable solution for tables.

Cany chance of some demo code?  I'm still feeling my
way in Rev

Depends on what you want to do. Remember that Transcript supports what we call chunk expressions, so you can refer to delimited items as "items" and lines as "lines":

 set the itemDelimiter to tab
 get item 4 of line 3 of tMyData

I have a system I'm building which uses a mix of each, often with tab- and line-delimited tables stored in custom properties. It's reasonably fast (does a 3-criteria search at the rate of about 16k records

per
second) and since it's just native Transcript my client has no per-user > seat fee. :)

I'd prbably need a binary format for that as I
have notes and photo's going in...

Custom properties can store binary data.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal