Dan Shafer wrote:

Off-hand I spotted a couple of potential problem spots (haven't spent a lot of time analyzing whether these are the only problems):

On Aug 28, 2005, at 2:46 AM, Revolution wrote:

Sunday, August 28, 2005 12:45:34 PM (GMT +02:00)

event from button :

  local tDbA = ""
  local i = 0
  local tDataA = ""

The above lines are doing nothing for you because they are incorrect syntax for Revolution. The expression "i = 0" evaluates to either true or valse but does nothing with the result. IF what you intend to do here is to initialize local variables, then you need the slightly more verbose:

Sorry, Dan, but the above *is* correct syntax, and does do what you'd expect.

From the docs:

Declares one or more local variables and assigns initial values to them.

local variablesList

local currentStatus -- creates one local variable
local thisThing,thatThing,theOtherThing -- creates three variables
local A=1,B=2,C=3 -- creates variables with initial values

and

Description
Use the local command to define a local variable for a handler, or to define a script local variable that is shared between all the handlers in a script.

Parameters:
The variablesList consists of one or more name=value pairs, separated by commas:
    * The name is any string.
    * The value is any literal string.
The value is optional; you can specify just the variable name. In this case, the specified local variables contain empty when created.

[end of docs quotation]

Dan said:

Having said that, it is strictly optional in Transcript to use the word "local" and I'd venture to say that the vast majority of us never use it. Variables are local unless they're explicitly defined to be global. In that case, you eliminate the three "local" lines in the above and just assign the initialization values to the variables with the same effect.

I use it often - mostly because my typing is bad and I often mistype variable names - therefore I always use explicitVariables to help detect my typos - and therefore need to use "local", but also I use it to initialize locals as above. (And you can use the initialization form to assign values to script-local variables too).