Doug,

if you launch your pc application via shell,
then when the user closes that application,
rev just has to continue working...
meanwhile while your app runs, rev is "blocked..."

I find the behavior hideous but at least it
does have ONE use...

The other way is to check every now and then if the
application quit via a shell("pstools! not exact syntax") from pstools or
the like. you can find pstools at

http://www.sysinternals.com

then
on Checkmyappisrunning
  if "myapp.exe" is not in getappsrunning() then
    -- do mything
    quit
  end if
  send "checkmyappisrunning" to me in 2 seconds
end Checkmyappisrunning

function getappsrunning
  return shell("plist" )
end getappsrunning