Greetings Yves,
Jean-Baptiste LE STANG has written an AppleScript extension < http://www.lestang.org/ > that allows a link to Apple's OSX spell checking engine. It can be used with Revolution to create a spell checker. Obviously it requires OSX and so will not provide the general solution that the others (and myself) are looking for. I have posted a Rev spell checker stack that uses this AppleScript extension. Perhaps it will give you some ideas. Install XSpell and then try:

go URL "http://elementarysoftware.com/rev_demos/spellcheck_demo.rev";

-Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust !)