I am in the process of writing an application that displays AVI video loops, each a second or two in duration. When the video plays back, it appears that some of the frames are being skipped, and I get a choppy appearance.

The playback machine is a 3 GHz Pentium with 1GB of memory, so I don't think the PC is the problem. Could the problem be in the way the loops are encoded?

I have tried the application on several PCs, but the only one it displays correctly is the PC I wrote it on, which is a 3.4 GHz Pentium...

Alan Simon
Garden State Cardiology