No, not using a CGI.

I have an app (runs on OSX) that is basically a website generator. Looks at some folders and puts some html wrappers around files there after a user enters some info. Two of the items entered are a username and password.

What I need is to run htpasswd to generate the encrypted password for .htaccess

The problem is that REV won't let me run or even launch a shell. It's supposed to work, but it just doesn't.

If anybody knows how to run a shell prog and return it's result I would REALLY appreciate any help.

Thanks!!