Apparently the mouseDown and mouseUp messages are not sent when the pointer tool is active unless the user clicks with button 3; the normal button 1 click never sends the message to the card. Unlike SuperCard, we have no pointerDown or pointerUp message which would make this a snap. I've tried placing a graphic object at the back of my group to trap messages like ...

Hi Richard,

Have you also tried with a button object at the back of your group?

Marielle

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------- Marielle Lange (PhD), Psycholinguistics, Lecturer in Psychology and Informatics
University of Edinburgh, UK

Homepage:  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mlange/