Hugh, thanks - this is a great demo! The panning effect stutters a little, even on a 2Mz iMac with Tiger - I don't have access to a fast Windows machine, but I'd like to know if it runs more smoothly there.

I've also been experimenting with transitions other than the "cross fade" that you've made the default. I'm using the "answer effect" command to get the QT dialog, fiddling with the parameters then loading the result into a custom property -

    answer effect
    set the cTransition of this stack to it

then later I can

    unlock screen with visual the cTransition of this stack

Which is a good way of finding out about the various effects. I hadn't realised that you can save them as .qfx files. This looks handy, but I haven't yet found how to load one using Rev (i.e. not in the QT dialog). Is there a simple trick that I've missed?