On Sep 20, 2005, at 10:01 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:

Trevor-

Tuesday, September 20, 2005, 8:30:20 AM, you wrote:

Try stuffing the values you want to send into variables and then do
this:

get the long id of field "xyz"
send "hi it" to field "abc" of card "argh"

Thanks. Unfortunately, I need to pass two of these fully-qualified
identifiers at one pass. I'd need two separate "it" variables to do
this.

No problem.

put the long id of field "myfield" into tObj1
put the long id of field "myfield2" into tObj2

send "hi tObj1, tObj2" to field "abc" of card "argh"

What you have above will work.  The array is passed by reference all
the way down the line. In both cases you are passing the array by
reference.  I do this in libraries all of the time.

Thanks for the sanity check. It's the "send" and "call" functions that
are messing things up again. I'm not using the stuff2 handler directly
but trying to use a virtual pointer to it and the "send" function
isn't passing the arrays. I forgot about BZ #1240.

Yep, no sending or calling arrays at all.  This is a bummer.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia