Great! Just what I need to here. I get the same. What's up? This needs to be addressed and quickly if we are to use RunRev to any advantage.

The good old MacOS before X was so much easier!

Dave

I haven't observed that problem here. I routinely build apps on Tiger and deploy on Panther. Could you give us more details about the app you're trying to build?

Devin

I'm building an app that uses AppleScript to control an FM Pro database on the same machine. I'm not using any external or special resources of any kind.

When I double-click on a Panther-built copy on a Tiger machine the dock twitches briefly as if it's about to show the program icon and then nothing. If I build the standalone on the Tiger system and double-click again it opens normally!

I get exactly the same effect the other way round on a Panther system, i.e. trying to run a Tiger-built copy.

Both the Tiger and Panther app packages contain:
   Contents
      Info.plist
      MacOS
         AssessmentCapture
      PkgInfo
      PlugIns
         coreimage_support.bundle
      Resources
         Revolution.icns
         RevolutionDoc.icns

and the file sizes are identical.

If I run my Rev stack from within Rev itself, it works identically, without any problems, on both Tiger and Panther. It's only as a standalone that I get this behaviour?!

Peter
--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK