On Sep 23, 2005, at 2:45 AM, Eva Isotalo wrote:

Hi everybody,

I am new here and am not a Revolution user yet. But I am using MetaCard and used to be on the MC list long time ago. Don't think anyone remember me though. :o)

Hi Eva. I remember you for sure. You might not remember me though. Nice to you back. :)

Before eventually getting involved with Revolution I need a little clarification. It has to do with game development.

1. Can Revolution handle a multi player environment?
Up to 20 players would be enough for my needs. Keeping connection between cards and stacks. Sending information between clients/ server/clients. I have red some tuts on handeling databases which gives a hint it ought to work.
Yes.  We now have sockets to help see this need through.

2. Can one have a scrolling screen?
The card is larger than the visible play area. Character stays in the middle while the rest is scrolling.
I have messed around with this and found that is very doable.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software
http://www.canelasoftware.com