Message: 15
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:47:41 -0700
From: TJ Frame <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: another yucky geometry question
To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution@lists.runrev.com>

Thanks for your help guys, I didn't realize it was so tough a problem to
solve :(
 perhaps I'll have to rethink the way I'd like to implement them.

TJ,

I think I see what you are looking for: An ellipse which is tangent to the two radial lines and the two end lines. confined between the two end lines--also tangent to the ellipse.

The stack below calculates the point on the ellipse where the tangent to the ellipse is parallel to the radial lines and then puts the ellipse there. I have confined myself to the case where the major axis of the ellipse is parallel to the x axis. It gets grubby otherwise. This was fun. I hate grubby.

In the message box:

   go stack url "http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/EllipseInAbox.rev";

Hope this helps.

Jim