You could roll your own:

- at speech start, store the seconds in "tStartSecs"

- at speech "pause", calc the [approximate] number of the
  last word spoken:
    put (revSpeechSpeed / 60) * (the seconds - tStartSecs) \
        into tPauseWord

- at speech "resume", start at the resume point:
    revSpeak (word tPauseWord to -1 of tMyWordContainer)

Actual implementation will be a little more complicated than this, because you will have to accumulate the speech duration times as you go, and subtract that from tStartSecs each time you resume.

FWIW -
Phil Davis

Jim Hurley wrote:
I use Run Rev to read articles back to me. I find that it is a useful writing tool, both for purposes of style and finding typos. There is a big difference between the written and spoken word and it is helpful to have both at one's disposal.

I have a little stack for this purpose. Very simple. Two buttons and a text field. The script for the start button is:

on mouseUp
  get the selectedText
  if it is "" then get field 1
  revspeak it
end mouseUp

And the stop button is just revStopSpeech.

But as I listen, I find things I want to change. This means stopping speech, making the change (in Word, not in the RR field) and then selecting the text from the stop point.

It would be nice if I had "Pause" and "Resume" buttons which would allow me to pick up where I left off without having to find the stop point and re-select the text.

Anyone know if a way to "pause" revSpeak" and then pick up where you left off?

Jim