On Oct 5, 2005, at 11:33 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:

It's been a long time since I did this but I think all you need to do is grab the last two digits of the language identifier code. If you look at MS's table, you'll see that groups of related languages (such as English) all end with the same two digits. This was all I needed find to determine primary language. Just offering this as an option in case there's any issue
with your current code.

OK, I see what you are saying. I am pretty sure the bitAND code is working properly and it does return the values listed in the Microsoft docs for primary languages. These basically match the last two digits of the language identifiers that you are looking at in your code.

Based on the fact that Graham said that the queryRegistry was returning empty in the function I posted I think he had some line wrap problems with the queryRegistry line. I imagine there is an extra or missing space in the registry key when he tested.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia