Charles....

I don't think that's what MS has in mind here, though it could be an unintended side effect. Rather, as I see it, they allow someone who has written a memo and who looks at the printout and finds it crowded to mouse over some alternate margin and spacing settings as graphical templates, immediately see the effect of applying that template, and then making a choice.

I know a lot of secretaries who'd like to be able to spiff up their boss' terribly formatted reports and memos but for whom the task is now too daunting.

Dan