I've been doing a lot of thinking and exploring the issue of code/ component reuse in Rev the last week or so. Yeah, I know; I really need to get out more.

It occurred to me that Profiles, which are designed to deal with the need for various versions of a stack/app in different languages and with different OS deployments, are probably the "right" (i.e., Rev- preferred) way to deal with the few but sticky cross-platform issues we face all the time such as fonts. Then it occurred to me to wonder if anyone has written a sort of pre-fab set of profiles that could be integrated into a Rev app so that the fonts, field spacing and other issues that crop up from time to time would be handled semi- automagically at runtime.

Has anyone done such a thing? Any ideas for approaching this? Anyone want to offer to provide something like this? I don't have a current need for it but it seems to me that it could almost become a requisite part of any new app I write that's destined for multi- platform deployment.