Alex Tweedly wrote:
Richard Gaskin wrote:

Ben Fisher wrote

 I propose that a central website be created, full of code from the Rev
universe. More structured than a wiki, files would be uploaded into
categories and directories, but the whole database could be quickly
searched. Most importantly, there would be a section composed of tools and
utilities all completely free and open source.

I can create a section at revJournal for that.
Would you like to be the editor of that section?

I'd suggest making it more like an index than a complete repository. Many people currently have Rev stacks available on their own web-sites, and will wish to continue to do so. Duplicating those stacks in some central repository places a burden on someone to keep it up to date. And it's easy to run a link-checker on an "index", but not easy to run an "is it up to date check" on stacks.

So by all means allow stacks to be put into the repository - but also allow for the (I suspect more common) case where the stack is already available on-line, and only a pointer to it is needed in the central place.

I think that's an excellent idea.   Very much like RevNet.

We can publish the index in a simple delimited format for use by RevNet, Eric Chatonet's tools, and any other viewer anyone cares to make for the repository.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Managing Editor, revJournal